Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It is all in the timing!



I walked into my office yesterday, sat down on the edge of my chair, booted up my computer, printed off something, went to the other room to retrieve from the copier. Came back and noticed my chair was wet. Very wet. Except for the little edge I had sat on! The floor was wet and lo and behold, there was a hole in the ceiling! Major leak! It must have happened over night!

If I had been sitting there when it "burst" I would have been soaking wet! If it had happened a few inches closer to the wall, all my electronics would have gotten a good soaking!

The wet chair in the hallway made a good conversation piece, anyway! And yes, someone is going to fix it - soon, I hope! Oh, the problem? Some kid had thrown a ball up on the roof and it had plugged the scupper, whatever that is!!

Look up, I always say!

No comments: