Sunday, June 28, 2009

Class Reunion






My favorite teacher, Mrs. Rowland!

















Old friends!








Class of 1968 & 69 - White Pass High School, Randle, WA





















Class of 1968 (I'm 4th from the right, front row)

When you graduate with a total of 48 classmates, you have to expect that your class reunions might be a little iffy. I have never gone to my class reunion before. I saw no reason to go back - ever! Then I reconnected with a friend on classmates.com and suddenly I was in the loop! I got the golden invite! So, I put on my big girl panties and Bill and I went yesterday. It was a year late. And combined with the even smaller class of '69! But, it was a reunion and I actually had a good time. Comes from being comfortable in my own skin and knowing I am a totally different person than I was in high school. I was totally shy and couldn't even imagine talking to a boy! Well, who greeted me right off the bat? Some of those boys! Does an old lady good! Name tags were a very good thing, as I wasn't the only one whose memory was a tad shaky! Some live in the area still and of course knew each other and I guess there were a few reunions in the past, but evidently I was hard to reach - who knew?! So we had some burgers, took some pictures and agreed it had been too long! Maybe in another 5 or 10 years? We'll just have to wait and see!

No comments: